Schedule an Interview
A personal interview is a two-way exchange of information.
An interview gives us the chance to know you—what you like, how you think, and why you would be a good fit with Wellesley. And you get to know us, having questions answered in real time. We strongly recommend an interview, although it isn't required for first-year applicants. An interview is required for accelerating, Davis Scholar, and postbaccalaureate candidates.
On-campus interviews are available to high school seniors through December 20 and to juniors after April 1. In addition, admission counselors are available daily to answer any questions you may have. To schedule an on-campus interview, please call 781.283.2270.
Interviews are typically available Monday through Friday on the hour, from 9:00 am through 4:00 pm (noon excluded), and on select Saturday mornings during the academic year. The College is closed at various times during the winter holidays; please see Admission Calendar for further details and info on other closings.
If you can't come to campus, you may request an off-campus interview with an alumna interviewer near your hometown. To do so, please fill out the appropriate Off-Campus Interview Request Form below. Please note both the interview request deadline and application deadline for each decision plan. Learn more about decision plans.
- Applicants may only have one interview. If you have had or plan to have an on-campus interview, please do not request an off-campus interview.
- Interviews are recommended; however, they are not a required part of the application process. We make every effort to connect students with alumnae interviewers. In the event that there is no alumna in your area, we will notify you. Not having an interview will not adversely affect your application plan or status. An interview is required for accelerating, Davis Degree, and postbaccalaureate candidates.
- You must indicate your decision plan in order for us to process your request in a timely fashion. Please note the interview request deadline and application deadline for your decision plan.
- Please complete the Interview Request Form below. Allow 5-10 business days for your request to be processed via email.
- If you are applying under the Regular Decision Plan and request your interview in late December, you might not hear from an alumna until early January.
- For international candidates applying from outside the United States, we only have a limited number of places where we can offer off campus interviews. If we are unable to offer you an interview, please note as stated above that interviews are not required for admission to Wellesley.