- Library & Technology
- Hours & Locations
- Library Collections
- Library Research
- Technology Support
- Getting Started
- About Us
- Friends of the Library
Print Poster from Photoshop (Mac)
Where to find the Epson Stylus 9800 Plotter
The Epson Stylus 9800 Plotter is located in the alcove next to the Clapp Desk, 2nd floor. We strongly recommends reserving a date and time to use the plotter.
Reservations: Most printing jobs that are ready to print will print in under 30 minutes, but please reserve 1 hour per poster in case there are problems with your document.
- Instructions for creating a plotter appointment (60 min slot) .
- Access the plotter appointment calendars and place a reservation: Clapp | Science
. Printing costs are $5.50 per linear foot for Epson Premium Glossy and Luster papers and $2.50 per linear foot for our new SiHL CAD paper. All paper costs are based on the amount of paper that was used, not the size of your poster.
All plotter print jobs must be sent from the computer located next to the plotter. If you created your poster on a PC, you should test opening it on a Macintosh computer in one of the computing labs around campus. You are expected to arrive at the plotter printer station with your posters ready to print. This means you may enlarge your poster to the appropriate printing size, but may not create your poster on the Macintosh computer used to send print jobs to the plotter.
Printing from Adobe Photoshop
1. Save a copy of your document to the computer's desktop. DO NOT work with a document from a disk, Google Docs, or on the network.
2. Open your image in Photoshop.
3. Set your image size. From the Image menu, select Image Size . A window titled Image Size will open.
- If your document's resolution is lower than 150 ppi, you may still be able to get a quality print. Uncheck the box next to Resample Image . Now the width, height, and resolution are linked. If you raise or lower the resolution, the document print size will adjust to accommodate it.
4. Go to the Layer menu and select Flatten Image . This will make the file size smaller and help the image print faster.
5. Go to the File menu and select Save As . Save a second copy of your document to the desktop under a second name.
6. Set the Paper Size and print your document.
- a) In Photoshop, click on the File menu and select Print .
- Set the Printer field to Stylus Pro 9800
- Press the Page Setup button. A window titled Page Setup will open. In the Page Setup window:
- The Settings field should show Page Attributes .
- The Format for: field should be set to Stylus Pro 9800 .
- Click the pull-down menu next to the Paper Size : field and select a page size close to the size of your document.
7. Back in the Print window, confirm your image will fit properly on the paper size you selected.
|Paper Size Too Small||Paper Configured Properly for Plotter|
8. When you are satisfied with the appearance of your poster, press Print.
9. In the Apple Print window:
10. You may see an error message, "Some PostScript specific print settings (Emulsion, Interpolation, Calibration Encoding) will be ignored since you are printing to a non-PostScript printer. Click OK .