- Library & Technology
- Hours & Locations
- Library Collections
- Library Research
- Technology Support
- Getting Started
- About Us
- Friends of the Library
Purchases with College Funds
Faculty/staff: please use this form to order computing hardware or software for your department.
Purchases for Personal Use: Educational Stores for Faculty, Staff, and Students
Through agreements with various vendors, Wellesley College is able to make the following discounts available for personal purchases by faculty, staff, and students. Other software is available at no cost according to campus licenses.
|Microsoft & Adobe Software
|more info | shop now||more info | shop now||more info | shop now|
Wellesley College does not specifically recommend any one brand of notebook or desktop computer. However, the computer manfuacturers listed below are currently used by Wellesley College for our computing needs and our support staff are experts at supporting these products. Additionally, these manufacturers provide academic discounts that Wellesley College students, faculty and staff may want to take advantage of. These discounts are, in general, not specific to Wellesley College. Students should review the Wellesley College Student's Guide to Purchasing a Computer (PDF) before placing an order.
- Faculty, staff and students (including entering students) can order online and customize you personal purchases.
- Computers ordered from Apple will be delivered directly to your home, office or to the College post office.
- Wellesley College faculty, staff and students (including entering students) may order from our Lenovo discount order site .
- Our standard on campus as of Spring 2013 is Windows 7 64-Bit for ThinkPads and desktops.
Microsoft's January 2013 new educational offering for Office:
A 4-year subscription for one up-front cost
with access to both Office 365 online services as well as a download of
the latest version of Office (currently Office 2013 for Windows or Office 2011 for Mac)
for up to 2 Desktop/laptops and 2 Win 8 tablets/mobile devices.
- Microsoft and Adobe products are available to Wellesley students, faculty and staff through an educational agreement negotiated by one of our consortiums. This includes faculty emeriti and President's Club members who continue to have a Wellesley email address.
- Note that you will need to register using your Wellesley College e-mail address in order to qualify for the educational pricing available at this online store.
- Having problems? There is a Help link at the top of the store's page. At the bottom of that page is a Contact Us link with their phone and electronic contact information.
- Please keep in mind that shipping is only allowed to addresses in the United States , so incoming students living outside the U.S. may want to order in August and have it shipped to their Wellesley College address.
Microsoft Office / Adobe Creative Suite for Current Wellesley College Faculty and Staff
Microsoft Office is available at a very low cost to faculty and staff currently employed by Wellesley College. The same is true of Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection as of September 2012.
- These Home Use Programs use the College's site license for the software
- Formerly this was handled through paperwork at the Computing Help Desk
- You do not own the software yourself but are buying permission to use the campus license at home
- You may only purchase one copy, for one computer
- If you leave the employment of the College you are required to remove this copy of the software from your personal computer (this includes retiring faculty and staff, including faculty emeriti and President's Club members, since this license only covers those who are on the College's payroll)
- You download the software to your personal computer and install it yourself; for MS Office you'll do this using the information you are sent via email
If you are interested in pursuing this option, current faculty and staff please click here for the Microsoft offer or here for the Adobe offer